Change server status from PvE to PvP (And some other ideas to go with it)
Pinky suggested this in the General Discussions Board and it only seems appropriate to bring it to suggestions.
The current state of the server allows players to run in the open world unflagged for PvP, this includes every zone. Even STV Arena, if you are PvP flagged simply relog and you will be unflagged instantly.
This in and of itself is good and bad, the bad part is, it restricts any form of "World PvP" to the Guru Arena and poorly, more to the point it kind of takes away from the idea of this truly being a PvP server.
You aren't meant to be able to run around unmolested free-farming professions, or traveling from point a to point b with zero risk. It's meant to be an open PvP environment under which you agree to the risks that come with it.
(I'm sure if this idea is actually put into action, it will be done via Poll which I'm completely on board with)
Furthermore, if this change is implemented, I feel more should be done on the back of it to fully take advantage, and give the server more of a Blizzlike Vanilla feel to NON-FORCED World PvP

Flight paths should be forced to be reinstated, it'll create PvP around Blackrock, Silithis, and the plaguelands etc. naturally, instead of artificially such as with Gurubashi Arena
I understand that a lot of people think "Oh then people would just camp it", but to be frank it wouldn't be a wise decision so long as groups traveled together IN GROUPS such as they had to back in the day.
Plus, you're going to be going to Blackrock with a group of 5, similar to how players would go to ubrs/lbrs with a group of 5 on retail, 1-2 players might attempt to intercept/gank the group at most unless two "raid" groups intervene at the same time, it was just a known risk when you entered BRM.
Being made to teleport to the closest flight path to the instance/raid you wish to attend is not a huge deal, if you look at any vanilla PvP , especially in vurtnes case, a lot of PvP happens around these travel/instance hubs naturally. It's not a forced issue at all, and it's avoidable if you're a good player.

You could also add a secondary option to teleport to the 2nd closest FP 
(In the case of blackrock mountain specifically comes to mind with Searing Gorge or Burning Steppes) Maybe post some retro guards around the FP's directly, so players cannot be ganked within their radius, but once you leave the "Safe zone" of the FP area, you're free game.
It'd also be Faction vs Faction, so it might even incite faction wars which I think would be extremely fun.

Trust me , I understand a lot of people dislike this idea on paper, but if it was put into action for even 1 month, people wouldn't miss the old style of "Teleport straight to the raid".
Maybe you could even re-impliment raid attunements to really get people scurrying around the open world.
It's a change that if it was the default, people wouldn't have complaints about it, and I think that's something everyone can accept as truth.

One more quick thing, I believe in world PvP, crossfaction groups should not be able to help eachother. Same goes for the Gurubashi arena especially, as people tend to group up in it and snipe everyone, it would restrict them somewhat and make it more difficult.
well mate, making people run with their mount to raid and dungeons will not create world pvp on retrowow. It did make it happen on retail because of the servers population, on retrowow even if you make people run 5 more minutes and let some pvp players the time to fight some of them, there will simply not be enough players to fight.
You will have to wait like 30min before fighting someone that will go raid you know
the only world pvp we can have here is one specific area that can be big (arathi size is fine) and put rewards in that area; at least that's the only way i can see it happen mate
See here's the thing, the average run time from searing gorge FP to blackrock mountain is less than 2 minutes.
People waste time in the mall standing around for hours.
You farm BGs for upwards of 30+ minutes per BG, sometimes an hour+ if premades.
You sit in dungeons/raids for up to 2 hours

What exactly does 2 minutes do? Nothing.
Not to mention, it WILL spark PvP, there's no way it won't. Here's a scenario for you;

You're running to Blackrock Mountain with a buddy and you see a small group of enemy players doing the same, let's say Grunion and Juanito alts. They're both known to be juanito and grunion for the sake of this hypothetical.
You're going to want to catch up to them and gank them. Just the same as you did to quite a few people in Azshara when they were trying to quest. (Don't deny it I was one of them.)
It's like saying "Oh if you put two rabid dogs on the same path they won't attack eachother." It's completely and totally wrong.

You also bring up the invalid point about population, as if world PvP consisted of 5v5 or 10v10 or 20v20...
It was almost always 1v1 or 1v2/1v3, sometimes you'd see bigger groups, but that was because it was a raid group organizing. The majority of world PvP fights the average player experienced were either on-road gank parties, fighting over profession nodes IE: Mining/Herbalism, fighting over mobs (Tyrs Hand/EPL/WPL), sniping people on the way to dungeons/raids, the list goes on, but they were generally small-group encounters.
If you legitimately think 350+ players every single day won't find a way to kill eachother in-transit you need to re-evaluate. Retro-wow is FAR from low population, considering the only server like it at the moment (Which is also TBC) peaks at 135 players. We have more than double.

Stop having doubts about what a result could be, and start actually experimenting to get results. If it proves to be a poor change, then revert it. It's a pretty simple concept with a simple solution should it backfire.
idk what all your points are talking about, my point is simple
with 350 players, lets say 100 of them will raid, wich is optimistic. You have 100 players that will run 2min to go into their raid
on retail it's way more than that, almost everyone goes raid and dungeons AND farm professions
and the population on retail is way way higher than retro, and world pvp players still have to wait
on retro with 350 players, and only 100 players doing pve since the other part of the players pvp or afk hyjal, and most people not farming prof mats or prof lvl, the world pvp will be very rare.
that's all im saying
100 players going to MC/BWL or AQ20/40 or ZG, or Naxxramas.
4 separate raid/dungeon locations / 100 players
25 players / 5 man groups
assuming each group of 25 players is going to a separate raid LOCATION, that's 5 different groups of players out on the roads running to and from their respective dungeons. I definitely see a lot of opportunities for fights there.
its not a huge content for most players, but its definitly positive overal.
maybe thats the only way of doing things in retrowow, doing small things that improve little by little the experience, i'm too focused on big contents probably
hope your idea get accepted, it doesnt seems long at all to do
and if the staff wants to keep things quick for people, there should be a teleporter at least to the nearest city/base of the raid/dungeon and not make people use the fly.
imo keeping fly path and make teleporter to capitals only is better, it will take 5more people for people but will add a bit more of the vanilla feeling. Not the try hard side of it so retrowow stays a chill server, but flying is still a pretty cool content not to be under estimate imo. idk maybe im being too sensitive about it
()walenkryx Wrote:  there should be a teleporter at least to the nearest city/base of the raid/dungeon and not make people use the fly.
imo keeping fly path and make teleporter to capitals only is better, it will take 5more people for people but will add a bit more of the vanilla feeling. Not the try hard side of it so retrowow stays a chill server, but flying is still a pretty cool content not to be under estimate imo. idk maybe im being too sensitive about it

Personally I think merely teleporting players to the flightpath closest to the dungeon/raid they want to go to is close enough, flying is inherently valueless on a pserver, it's just an artificial time waster.
Warning. Silly:
Unless you make it so you can attack people on gryphons like some kind of mini-arcade game. That'd be neat. Maybe give them a siege bomb to drop down on their enemies as they take fire, kind of like the Isle of Quel'Danas daily LEL