Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Multi Suggestion
(06-02-2019, 07:24 PM)Sky Wrote: ...

"which has logs easily viewable in database" I don't think they track anything like that. They could, but I doubt they do.

Also, if you look at "appeal ban" and "report player" sub-forums you will see that GMs are quite active with banning people trying to abuse systems for gold farm. But much of that (maybe most) comes from other players reporting them, something that won't happen in an instance that only contain your alts.

Having said all this, I don't see a huge issue with 5 tokens (4*20gold) per fight either. Does not seem enough to bother with when each 2v2 takes 2min.
(06-02-2019, 08:38 PM)mentos987 Wrote:
(06-02-2019, 07:24 PM)Sky Wrote: ...

"which has logs easily viewable in database" I don't think they track anything like that. They could, but I doubt they do.

Also, if you look at "appeal ban" and "report player" sub-forums you will see that GMs are quite active with banning people trying to abuse systems for gold farm. But much of that (maybe most) comes from other players reporting them, something that won't happen in an instance that only contain your alts.

Having said all this, I don't see a huge issue with 5 tokens (4*20gold) per fight either. Does not seem enough to bother with when each 2v2 takes 2min.

Hi.
If the structure of the server is anything like the public releases of repacks/cores/databases for this patch, which I would imagine it is logged. However, if not, it would be quite easy to track arena wins. While there's no teams like other patches, it would be possible to track the arena wins quite easily, and the code is in-fact in the public domain. (If they're tracked or not really doesn't make too much difference anyway).

And I know, this wasn't a dig at the staff. I can see the activity in-game and on the forums.
The point I was making is the arena wouldn't be the ideal place to abuse and wouldn't be worthwhile to do so anyway. Like you said, 5 tokens really aren’t much at all. However, I just think extra incentives could hopefully bolster the number of people queuing and attract more players to the server whom enjoy arena.

I would want the arena incentive, maybe arena tokens, like you get 1 arena token for 1 win in 2v2 and x2 for 3v3, 10 will get you 1500g or so.
Huh
(06-03-2019, 01:34 PM)rusty1186 Wrote:  
I would want the arena incentive, maybe arena tokens, like you get 1 arena token for 1 win in 2v2 and x2 for 3v3, 10 will get you 1500g or so.

No way, that's way too easily exploitable.

You could win trade like 3x faster than warsong premades. It would literally take 1-2 minutes per match. Giving rewards for 2v2 isn't going to ever happen. The MOST they could ever offer is like 1 pvp token for each death. Because you can't farm that faster than a battleground.
Yes. That's quite a bit more than I was originally thinking. I was thinking more along the lines of 5 Tokens for a win. Usually queue time + wait time and then the fight would make it much less desirable than BGs, but keep it competitive and rewarding.
Interesting thoughts Sky I like smth like this!
[Image: ximg.php?fid=98034626]
(06-05-2019, 12:22 AM)Tivis Wrote: Interesting thoughts Sky I like smth like this!

That's great to hear. I'm glad you like it.