Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[Addon] Xeon - Ultimate Combat Assist Addon
Exclamation 
hey, guys !

i thought a lot before i shared Xeon.

i know well that u guys don't like bot.

but Xeon is not a bot. it's just an addon, written in WOW API and LUA Tongue

i played vanilla wow for a really long time.

i can't be as good at PvP as u guys. my hands are very slow and my eyes are dim.

so, i made combat assist addon Xeon.

there are so many ppl who are not as good at PvP or PvE as i am.

i thought they could enjoy RetroWoW more fun with Xeon.

it's similar role as supermacro addon.

but, Xeon is much more powerful than supermacro.

to use Xeon requires some programming knowledge.

if u know how to write script with supermacro, u already have enough knowledge to use Xeon Tongue

for example...
-- super macro code
if buffed("Ice Barrier", "target") then CastSpellByName("Purge") end

this code not working. cuz, superMacro can't recognize enemy buff.
but Xeon can do it.

-- Xeon code
if Xeon.library.enemy:IsEnemyBuffed("Ice Barrier", "target") then CastSpellByName("Purge") end

this code is working Smile

even this is possible.

if Xeon.library.enemy:IsEnemyCasting("target") then CastSpellByName("Kick") end

Xeon can recognize enemy casting Tongue

local enemyCastingSpell = Xeon.library.enemy:IsEnemyCasting("target")
if enemyCastingSpell == "Frost Bolt" then CastSpellByName("Kick") end

these are only examples of very basic utilization.

Xeon already contains holy paladin / warrior / ele shaman scripts. (it's for Divinewing, Thunderwing, Frostwing)

if ur in the class mentioned above, u can do almost everything automatically right away Smile

other classes should refer to existing class scripts to write ur own combat scripts.

----

ps : this addon have many bug Tongue 
because, it's optimized for my characters haha

### how to use ####

1. download Xeon and install it.

2. make macros.

-- if u have target while using Healing Mode, Xeon focus on target healing first !!
# ele shaman dps : /run Xeon.class.shamanBig GrinPS()
# shaman group healing : /run Xeon.class.shaman:Heal()

# holy pala group healing : /run Xeon.class.paladin:Heal()

-- warrior script is for the pve only.
# warrior dps : /run Xeon.class.warriorBig GrinPS()
# warrior aoe dps : /run Xeon.class.warriorBig GrinPS_AOE()
# warrior tank : /run Xeon.class.warrior:TANK()

download : https://github.com/Frostlake/Xeon[url=https://github.com/Frostlake/Xeon][/url]
I was concerned this might be a bot, but from watching the video it seems to be like those one button scripts people use on retail that play their class for them. It can be argued that this automates too much of the game, but I don't think there's any harm to this unless the addon becomes so advanced it can play at or better than the average player (which it is far from). In its current state I think it helps disabled players far more than any potential harm it may cause, so you have my support.
All what you are boasting here about your addon, can be EASILY done with SuperMacro lol, I mean I appreciate your efforts in making an standalone addon - but at least don't make it sound that your addon can do something SM can't do, that's just misleading information!!!

In fact this IS the correct way to check buff on hostile target, and buffed(spell,unit) function from SM works. Don't need your addon to do that Big Grin why do you state otherwise?

Code:
-- The correct way using UnitBuff API to check if hostile target has a buff

And whether it is the player casting the spell, or target casting a spell (+school), all of that you can also do with SuperMacro alone!
(11-14-2020, 07:35 AM)carry1988 Wrote: I was concerned this might be a bot, but from watching the video it seems to be like those one button scripts people use on retail that play their class for them. It can be argued that this automates too much of the game, but I don't think there's any harm to this unless the addon becomes so advanced it can play at or better than the average player (which it is far from). In its current state I think it helps disabled players far more than any potential harm it may cause, so you have my support.

most ppl in the video are weaker than me using only one button, but i'm grateful that u support me anyway. Tongue

(11-24-2020, 11:55 PM)Buffalol Wrote: All what you are boasting here about your addon, can be EASILY done with SuperMacro lol, I mean I appreciate your efforts in making an standalone addon - but at least don't make it sound that your addon can do something SM can't do, that's just misleading information!!!

In fact this IS the correct way to check buff on hostile target, and buffed(spell,unit) function from SM works. Don't need your addon to do that Big Grin why do you state otherwise?

Code:

And whether it is the player casting the spell, or target casting a spell (+school), all of that you can also do with SuperMacro alone!

LOL 

u're greatly mistaken Tongue
due to the nature of WOW system, there is no way to know enemy buff unless enemy buff is individually tracked through events. maybe u're mistaking debuff for buff. can u see enemy buff on your UI? u can see debuff only. i want u to code and test it with supermacro right away.

the same is enemy casting. how can u check target casting with supermacro?

please tell me which part of the supermacro contains a function to determine whether the target is casting or not.

open IDE right now and read the supermacro code please Tongue

i'm sure u've never analyzed supermacro code yet.
or ur programming knowledge would have been insufficient to understand it haha

(11-25-2020, 09:00 PM)nslookup79 Wrote:
(11-14-2020, 07:35 AM)carry1988 Wrote: I was concerned this might be a bot, but from watching the video it seems to be like those one button scripts people use on retail that play their class for them. It can be argued that this automates too much of the game, but I don't think there's any harm to this unless the addon becomes so advanced it can play at or better than the average player (which it is far from). In its current state I think it helps disabled players far more than any potential harm it may cause, so you have my support.

most ppl in the video are weaker than me using only one button, but i'm grateful that u support me anyway. Tongue

(11-24-2020, 11:55 PM)Buffalol Wrote: All what you are boasting here about your addon, can be EASILY done with SuperMacro lol, I mean I appreciate your efforts in making an standalone addon - but at least don't make it sound that your addon can do something SM can't do, that's just misleading information!!!

Code:

LOL 

due to the nature of WOW system, there is no way to know enemy buff unless enemy buff is individually tracked through events. maybe u're mistaking debuff for buff. can u see enemy buff on your UI? u can see debuff only. i want u to code and test it with supermacro right away.

please tell me which part of the supermacro contains a function to determine whether the target is casting or not.

--------------
for i=1, 16 do
        tooltip:SetOwner(UIParent, "ANCHOR_NONE");
        tooltip:SetUnitBuff(unit, i);
        b = textleft1:GetText();
        tooltip:Hide();
        if ( b and strfind(strlower(b), buff) ) then
            return "buff", i, b;
        elseif ( c==) then
            break;
        end
        --c = b;
    end

--------------

this is part of "FindBuff" function to supermacro.

as u can see, this function reads tooltip txt and returns result against the txt u specify.

can u find the enemy buff in ur tooltip? supermacro is just like u.
it's impossible because of the nature of WOW systam Tongue
(11-25-2020, 09:00 PM)nslookup79 Wrote: LOL 

Man, you are digging your own grave here.

What you say would normally be true but on this server the enemy buffs are visible to supermacro but not to the player. It is an exploit.

Nice work with the addon, I have done similar work myself but haven't shared it with the server. Can send it to you if you wanna have a look.