Rocket boots
The rocket boots fix was a joke, now you're forcing non-engineers to pick up engineer.
Why would you want to implant such a useless and annoying blizzlike feature when this server isn't anything like blizzlike. It's a fun, pvp server. 
To whoever suggested this fix.
[Image: a772f62f11a0d1e1521263cf45955e7dd485d8d1...55f96a.jpg]
yo dont look longer, i suggested that fix
()walenkryx Wrote: yo dont look longer, i suggested that fix

idiet
[Image: SZSbk12.jpg]
+5 gozu
"The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist."
[Image: ks9xXfy.jpg]
+1
the new 'fix' is so annoying that i've just stopped using them completely
why not also ask to have gboling rocket helmet to have 5min cooldown ?
Those boot have 5min cd because they broke that often, that's the entire point of it. You have boot liek these called Gnomish rocket boot with 30min for a reason.
I know this is a fun server, but it's not up to player to change the gameplay of vanilla; otherwise why not completly change all other item ?
Maybe make the trinket pvp 2min cd cuz rogue cc's are too op etc...
Because those boots improve the gameplay of casters mainly and fc's.
Personally i'm not against a custum gameplay, but in that case do it completly by changing not only one item cd, but a lot of others.
Otherwise let those item be what they are supposed to be ...
Not a coincidence imo if 1 lock, 1 mage, 2 hunters commented on that post; casters and fc's are more op with a 5min cd for sure.
()walenkryx Wrote: why not also ask to have gboling rocket helmet to have 5min cooldown ?
Those boot have 5min cd because they broke that often, that's the entire point of it. You have boot liek these called Gnomish rocket boot with 30min for a reason.
I know this is a fun server, but it's not up to player to change the gameplay of vanilla; otherwise why not completly change all other item ?
Maybe make the trinket pvp 2min cd cuz rogue cc's are too op etc...
Because those boots improve the gameplay of casters mainly and fc's.
Personally i'm not against a custum gameplay, but in that case do it completly by changing not only one item cd, but a lot of others.
Otherwise let those item be what they are supposed to be ...
Not a coincidence imo if 1 lock, 1 mage, 2 hunters commented on that post; casters and fc's are more op with a 5min cd for sure.

+1

everyone complaining about bug fixes; you don't get to pick and choose which parts of spell and item mechanics are fixed to be blizzlike. it's either all or nothing. that's the reality of it.
this thread is just crybabies whining about something they can't abuse anymore because it's blizzlike now.
grow up and level engineering like everyone else who dares reach the meta in pvp. next ya'll will complain when fear gets fixed because you can't fuck over warlocks, or when stealth gets fixed so you can't see rogues 100yds away after tagging them.
edit; probably sounds like salt; but i'm just defending sunqt here (even if you don't like admitting it, he's made a sober point), he was right to report the rocket boots as bugged. and before anyone tries waving the torch at me; i did report several things that i used to abuse myself. maybe it took me longer but.. at least sunqt was only trying to do what he felt was right. don't make him out to be a bad guy. there are far worse things that have gone unfixed and abused for too long (rip fire druid)
#dealwithit
Lets compare all of the movement speed enhancing items in vanilla:
Gnomish Rocket boots: 30 min cooldown, low failure rate, 50% sprint, 225+ engineering required
Swift Boots: 60 min cooldown, 40% sprint
Nifty Stopwatch: 30 min cooldown, 40% sprint, uses 1 trinket slot
Skull of Impending Doom: 5 min cooldown, 60% sprint, continuously burns health and mana, requires off-hand slot
Swiftness Potion: 3 min cooldown, 50% sprint, consumable, shares cooldown with all other "potion" category consumables.
NOW, based on the information above, which one of these looks correct?
Goblin Rocket Boots: 5 min cooldown, no failure rate, 70% speed, no engineering required
OR
Goblin Rocket Boots: 5 min cooldown, very high failure rate, 70% speed, no engineering required
Very obviously imbalanced.  Without the failure rate there is literally NO reason to use any of the other items.  IMO this change makes things much more interesting as you shouldn't have that kind of movement speed available without ANY drawback. COMPLETELY overpowered without the failure rate.
goblin rocket boots are the only ones that break when they fail tho..
i'd been fine if they fail, but when it break = cry
because then that person would have to get more mats to make another
and also probably be at a disadvantage because most people already have minor speed boot enchant
then if the person want that on every new pair they get = $$$
some ppl dont have stacks on stacks like me
but like... you get almost all the mats needed to make a new pair of boots when they break and sometimes they break 3 or 4 times giving you mats before they're actually even broken for good. sounds like a p good deal imo