Cooldown Reset NPC
As title suggests, I'd love it if there were an npc that reset cooldowns. Perhaps place one npc in the duel zone so that people would populate it..?
I think it would be nice to have this in the mall as well (especially with the recent expansion creating more space for dueling.)

Anyway, this thread is for pros and cons of adding an NPC that reset cooldowns.
i want it, but should be limited to duel zone only, if u leave the zone, ur spells go on cd
kinda
+ 1 from mr
Morty
I don't even care if it's limited to a duel zone or not, because that seems a bit hefty to script (CD's reset then don't reset after u join BG?)
+1
Just script to reset CDs on duel accept.. ezpz.
()Lokkek Wrote: Just script to reset CDs on duel accept.. ezpz.

Bad idea, it will be abused. For pve sacke. Better idea with Npc.
Explain a little better how this would be abused in PvE? You cannot duel inside of raid instances. Upon accepting a duel inside the Hyjal Mall it could be scripted to reset 10m or less CDs (essentially missing things like warrior shield wall or paladin DI) but also lock you out of zoning into a raid instance for 10 minutes.
Still, I'm interested in hearing what you kind of abuse could happen. It seems to me that you're completely underestimating how long it actually takes to get around most raid instances. In my opinion it would take more time than it's worth to clear trash up to a boss (potentially use CDs) then .st into town to /duel to /forfeit to teleport back to the raid to run back to the boss... --every attempt--.
If CDs only reset on duel accept inside of the mall in Hyjal instead of an NPC in Hyjal then you're only creating clutter around one NPC; as there is around the BG q'er. Also to prevent "abuse" of a CD resetting NPC you're asking the server to keep track of the CDs you use while inside the Mall and separately from what CDs you've used and reset via any potential NPC. This is a recipe for a developer nightmare, resulting in nothing changing due to ethereal "pve abuse concerns".
I'm not attacking you, I'm simply trying to flesh out some of logistics of this argument because CDs being able to be reset within the Mall for dueling would be a HUGE and WONDERFUL quality of life upgrade on Retro!
()Lokkek Wrote: Explain a little better how this would be abused in PvE?  You cannot duel inside of raid instances.  Upon accepting a duel inside the Hyjal Mall it could be scripted to reset 10m or less CDs (essentially missing things like warrior shield wall or paladin DI) but also lock you out of zoning into a raid instance for 10 minutes.
Still, I'm interested in hearing what you kind of abuse could happen.  It seems to me that you're completely underestimating how long it actually takes to get around most raid instances.  In my opinion it would take more time than it's worth to clear trash up to a boss (potentially use CDs) then .st into town to /duel to /forfeit to teleport back to the raid to run back to the boss... --every attempt--.
If CDs only reset on duel accept inside of the mall in Hyjal instead of an NPC in Hyjal then you're only creating clutter around one NPC; as there is around the BG q'er.  Also to prevent "abuse" of a CD resetting NPC you're asking the server to keep track of the CDs you use while inside the Mall and separately from what CDs you've used and reset via any potential NPC.  This is a recipe for a developer nightmare, resulting in nothing changing due to ethereal "pve abuse concerns".
I'm not attacking you, I'm simply  trying to flesh out some of logistics of this argument because CDs being able to be reset within the Mall for dueling would be a HUGE and WONDERFUL quality of life upgrade on Retro!

Ye thats fine i am ok. ^_^
Let me make my point clear:
NpC with Cd reset in duel zone is great idea.
Command with reset is not.
Duel script i saw it was abused, many soulstones, druid battle ress. Warrior imba cds.
But the more i write the more i understand if it will be implemented even in duel zone its still will be abused. Sad face.
And i dont know are you sure its possible to sript to reset 10 min and less cds only?
They'll probably have to script specific cooldowns for reset, so they would naturally leave out Tranq, Shield Wall, Retaliation, Divine Intervention, Soulstone ranks etc etc .. I just threw 10 min or less out there as a guideline (live mentality, only 10 min or less CDs are allowed in arenas)
+1 it would be awesome
this would be awesome for a duel zone/only usable in mall if the duel zone never gets popular
maybe adding a CD reset npc to duel zone only would make it popular!