Dear Retro..
Thanks for disabling alt looting, now I must raid with my shaman to get gear, but no one wants me to bring my shaman in raid so now I can delete the character because it's so much fun to grind gold to buy gear or getting rekt by full bis alt looted chars!
Sincerely, everyone who wants to gear a class that is not welcome in raids.
Saying this based on Kelzo confirming alt loot being disabled.
nobody wants other classes because alt looting was always possible, now thats its not players will have to take priest and sham and fury, or war will have to respec tank.
Or you can simply make your own raid i guess, in the first weeks people will still have the mindset that they need an hpal, but once they ll see more priest and sham as healer, it will be more and more easier to raid with any class.
It will simply take some time.
and proof alt loot is gone http://i.imgur.com/Eeu7DWE.jpg
So this kills the most part of retro wows pve. I for example have no reason to raid anymore. As all I did were altloot gear for sp. Good luck to all you out there who doesn't play warr, pala, rog, mage, lock. Not having alt loot on a server that runs only 5 man will slowly make the server die. You simply cannot have alt loot + 5 mans past aq.
From a starter perspective you will actually struggle on this server from today while all other players already have their golden char setup. I can think of many people in endgame gear who wont boost up starters for no reason at all.
The guys who benefits from this are those who are not gearing anything anymore, just spamming wsg and will prob faceoff abit more starters for easy tokens/marks. But this wont last for long as any reasonable human being will leave this server before they even get close to somekind of gear as they get megacucked in wsg.
()walenkryx Wrote: nobody wants other classes because alt looting was always possible, now thats its not players will have to take priest and sham and fury, or war will have to respec tank.
Or you can simply make your own raid i guess, in the first weeks people will still have the mindset that they need an hpal, but once they ll see more priest and sham as healer, it will be more and more easier to raid with any class.

Once again you show your lacking logic.
()LeMinistre Wrote:
()walenkryx Wrote: nobody wants other classes because alt looting was always possible, now thats its not players will have to take priest and sham and fury, or war will have to respec tank.

Once again you show your lacking logic.

This is kinda funny

April fools right?
[Image: SZSbk12.jpg]
nice arguments there, i exposed mine and all i get is some philosophical sentence that is supposed to means a lot but actually means nothing
()walenkryx Wrote: nice arguments there, i exposed mine and all i get is some philosophical sentence that is supposed to means a lot but actually means nothing

So you can't have a philosophical argument ? Shows your lacking logic.
If you can't see why people are unhappy about it there is no point in arguing with you.
()walenkryx Wrote: nice arguments there, i exposed mine and all i get is some philosophical sentence that is supposed to means a lot but actually means nothing

anyways if this is april fools it got the entire server good lol 
but don't be braindead, the population will miss out on a lot of stuff if alt loot is disabled, the new comers will have only 1 class to main and if its a trash class with trash gear (for example a warrior) they will get farmed too much, and want to make another class. but if they can't get into raids in d1, then they will go find a diff server to play on. 
think properly sunqt, ik u got a brain, not just spamming hemo in pvp)
[Image: SZSbk12.jpg]
()Ipolylol Wrote:

anyways if this is april fools it got the entire server good lol 
but don't be braindead, the population will miss out on a lot of stuff if alt loot is disabled, the new comers will have only 1 class to main and if its a trash class with trash gear (for example a warrior) they will get farmed too much, and want to make another class. but if they can't get into raids in d1, then they will go find a diff server to play on. 
think properly sunqt, ik u got a brain, not just spamming hemo in pvp)

For the sake of your lack of understanding I'll give you this situation and you tell me it's all right, k?
Me and my friends want to do naxx, 3 of them got semi geared dps classes but no heal or tank because they must raid with a single char to gear it, but I have bis heal and my other friend bis tank.
me and tank want to raid naxx but we need to gear let's say a mage and rogue, but the problem is we can't alt loot and no one else has a tank or healer.
So we don't do naxx because we can't alt loot ? Or we spend 4 hours or our time in naxx to get nothing out of it ?
I don't know about you but I got a real life too. I mean friends that I spend time with, a job that I like and a family that I wanna see from time to time as well as doing sports and other stuff people do. Between those real life activities I spend some time on retro because it remembers me of retail vanilla that I used to play. But now I can't raid with my friends and benefit from it because I'm stuck healing on my bis healer if we want to raid OR I must help a friend of mine gear a new healer (assuming one of them wants to heal) and this takes much more then 1 week like all the idiots think it takes because you never get all the items you need on 1st kill.
Don't bring your old stupid arguments back please, it'll just show your lack of intelligence.
a warrior will have to go prot at the begining, what's the big deal ? it will actually allow more raid to happen because most of the time, peopel need a tank.
sp will have to respec healer, what's the big deal ? Most of the raid need a healer anyway.
If someone wants to play fury or sp in bwl well they won't be able unless they have a good group, that's a shame.
So that's a negative aspect, let's see the positive ones maybe ?
People will play their class better
People will care about there char more because they will actually take time to gear them. And when a player care more about his char, he stays longer ...
Saying it's a fun server, not a blizzlike one as an argument is stupid, because even with atl loot disable, the time required to gear a char naked is something between 1 month or 2. Wich is very, very nice and far from blizzlike.
There will be more diversity, therefore the raids will be more challenging and fun : Doing nax with a different char than rogue lock war or hpal is different and bring a new aspect for the gameplay, it's different and sometime more challenging (for instance a priest on maexna).
The main reason why i think this fix is great -
More diversity in the gear: People seems to believe that players on retrowo stay forever, but they don't. The population of that server is mainly made of new players, and old ones leave it for the most part. So by making the bis gear longer to get for an alt, you reduce the number of people getting bis. That's not hard to anderstand. The only thing you guys needed to think about is that old players dont stay here forever. With that in mind you can clearly see how bis players will be less present in the realm. Wich is great for the health of the pvp.

If you are affraid that you won't be able to raid with your priest or sham, just wait 1 month or 2, slowly people will realize that those classes can do the job just fine.
At first, since it's always been like that, people won't take you. But with time it will change, just because at some point they will have to.
It starts with 1 priest doing a naxx, then the 5 players in that raid are aware that priest can do the job.
Those 5 players will now take priest in their naxx raid, and th eplayers that will join those raids will also realize that a priest can do the job, etc etc.
And that's how the mind of people will change regarding sham and priest in their raid.

ps : if you think hemo dagger is just spam, you play it wrong

()LeMinistre Wrote: For the sake of your lack of understanding I'll give you this situation and you tell me it's all right, k?

()LeMinistre Wrote: Don't bring your old stupid arguments back please, it'll just show your lack of intelligence.

if you think i'm going to answer to a guy like you, you are wrong.
You are blaming some people liek gnawbone to take things personally and attacking people, but you are doing the exact same things, wich is even more ridiculous. I'm done here, and i hope you leave the server. Retrowow allready have too many people like you