Poll: Is this something you would like to happen ?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
46.15%
646.15%
It's nice but needs some modfication
15.38%
215.38%
I jizzed my pants because it's too awesome for me to handle!
23.08%
323.08%
This sucks balls
0%
00%
No
15.38%
215.38%
Total13 vote(s)100%
* You voted for this item.[Show Results]

Make WPvP Great Again!
I came up with this idea and I will share it even though no1carez..
Simply put, I'm hoping for a WPVP zone to be made. It could be AV as it would serve as a perfect zone for PvP since it was meant for this, but this could be made with any other zone that is not being used since we are on an instant lvl 60 server.
Edit : We could make some change to azshara in order to make this happen as well.. 
- Remove some mobs (so many and so close to each other that you can't really farm these and expect to survive a gank) 
- Add buildings to put the Harder Objectives (just like AV's general's and captain's buildings)
- Put Graveyards that you are teleported to when you die instead of resurecting where you died and having to wait up to 6 minutes if you've been killed too often! (seriously, waiting to respawn for more then 30 seconds in a WPVP area is just way too long! How do you expect people to stay there if they spend most of their time waiting to res because they are doing PVP and the main idea of the area is to do PVP!)
- Add mobs to be killed for objectives as there's only quests mobs in the area.
- There is much more things that would have to change in that zone, but let's focus on the main idea of the WPVP zone that I dream to see come to life!
Table of Contents :
1- General Idea
2- Objectives, Quests, Farming, etc..
3- Bounty
4- Rewards
5- Misc
6- TL: DR

1 - GENERAL IDEA
I like the idea of an instanced AV WPVP area but it's so big I believe we can't limit it to 80 people (even though i don't think we will reach that many ppl often) and it should be FFA instead of 2 teams because this isn't a battleground and there's not enough people playing on the server to make this a faction vs faction (or 2 random teams). I mean for this to be a zone where you can encounter a lot of PvP while doing some quests, PvE bosses, Objectives, Farm Gold and Mats.
Take note that what I am suggesting here is NOT A BATTLEGROUND which means there is no victory to achieve so it's pointless to have 2 teams. Some people have been asking for a 2 team WPVP zone because there's 2 factions but considering the population of our server it wouldn't make sense to reduce the number of PvP encounters by half since the zone is so big and you would end up having to give up on objectives because your teammates are fighting an encounter you want to do (See 2nd section for more details) and I'm planning for this zone to be a FFA zone with soloable and 5m objectives of different difficulties.
The zone that I want would have :
- A maximum of 5 people grouped together (Bold, underlined for the illiterates.)
- FFA ! (Forget about your teams already) Everyone is your enemy, everyone wants to hurt you, everyone could be waiting behind a corner for you to start an objective and come gank you!
- Spawn randomly at any GY in the map as you enter the zone.
- Resurrect at a nearby GY (one of the 3 closest to you when you die) but not necessarily the closest because that could favor camping the GY by a BIS group.
- A bounty for killing a player with a killstreak (starting at 5+ kills, bounty raises every kill).
- Unique Marks and Tokens to be obtained through quests and objectives that could reward the long awaited BG REP ITEMS !! and much more of course.
- Announcements for time remaining and when someone engages an important objective so people are dragged toward it and it's not too easy for BIS to get tokens vs starters!
- Many more things I will think about or you will think about in a near future!

2 - Objectives, Quests, Farming, etc..

Alterac Valley has a lot of things to do and the zone is big enough for you to avoid fights with groups if you're alone but you would still be able to do quests and objectives and eventually you will be geared enough to engage other well geared players !
The valley contains : 2 Generals, 2 Captains, 8 Commanders and 12 Lieutenants. There is 10 Towers and 9 Graveyards as well (including factions spawn points as GY). You can find 2 mines and 2 caverns. And there is some mobs (wolves and rams) to be killed as well.
Now what this means is that you can do up to 50+ different objectives and quests!! YES 50!! Now that's something interesting isn't it ? Many different things to do spread all around a map big enough for you to enjoy yourself and encounter some people to fight!!
Notice that I mentioned farming in this section.. So I thought we could add mines and herb veins as well! (The most wanted ones, this needs to be determined later) The rams and wolves would serve the purpose for the leather.

Objectives to be done :
Capture a mine (soloable easy) resets every 10mins
Tower (soloable easy) resets every 10mins
Capture a GY (5m easy, soloable Hard) resets every 10mins
Lieutenants (5m Easy, soloable Hard) resets every 12 mins
Commanders (5m Average) resets every 12 mins
Captains (5m Hard) resets every 30mins
Generals (5m Very Hard) resets every hour
Quests to be done (all should be soloable)
- Kill mobs in caverns !
- Kill the rams and wolves !
- Kill guards ! (there is many guards all around the map, some with the objectives you need to kill/capture and some that are just in bases to bother you in your travels)
- Bring in tokens in exchange for recipes (not cheap) !
- Bring in tokens in exchange for gold !
- Bring in tokens in exchange for PvP tokens !
- Bring in tokens in exchange for BG Rep items !
- Bring in tokens in exchange for AV Mounts !
- Bring in tokens in exchange for PvP consumables !
- Bring in tokens in exchange for Flasks !
- Bring in tokens in exchange for Enchants (Naxx shoulder enchants and head/pants enchants which are available through quests in Azshara)
- Bring in tokens in exchange for buffs ! (So you get a little boost for hard objectives, mostly so bis players spend their tokens because it's easier for them to obtain and it would also serve them for raids so the starters can spend their tokens on gold and items while bis spend theirs on buffs)

Of course the captains/generals would have to be hard enough for people to think twice about engaging and cover their rear but I leave the difficulty to the devs and believe they will give a reward according to it..

3- Bounty !

I thought it would be fun to add a bounty to players with a kill streak (5+ kills) that raises as the player kill more people.
That's it for this section, it's very short hehe

4 - Rewards

The section people actually care about..
First thing first : there needs to be specific tokens for AV for taking objectives to be turned in exchange for gold/pvp tokens/BG rep items (yes make them available through AV tokens so it gives a unique purpose to AV!).
I would recommend keeping the pvp tokens when you kill people so we don't have to match the 50AV tokens = 50 pvp tokens and it would force people to do AV in order to get the BG rep items. 
Also by making it easier to obtain AV tokens (as long as you capture objectives) and offering as much gold for AV tokens as you do for pvp tokens it will give the players who farm gold through pvp a reason to be in AV!

Objectives Rewards :
Capture a mine - 25 tokens to each member of the group inside the mine
Capture a tower - 25 tokens each member of the group inside the perimeter
Capture a GY - 50 tokens each member of the group
Lieutenants - 50 tokens each
Commanders  - 75 tokens each
Captains - 125 tokens each
Generals - 250 tokens each, resets every 30mins

Quest Rewards :
I believe guards and mobs should drop an AV token each so killing them without a quest is still useful, but I would also add quests for killing a certain number of guards/mobs to be turned in for tokens as well.
- 10 guards/wolf/ram/mobs in caverns and mines killed = 20 AV tokens (a total of 30 tokens for killing 10 mobs! not bad! and many mobs/guards are around or inside objectives so it's worth the trouble to kill them all!)
- 100 AV tokens = 50 PVP tokens
- 50 AV tokens = 200g
- 1000 AV tokens = AB/WSG shoulders and pants
- 1250 AV tokens = AV Weapons (they're not that good to be worth a ton of tokens)
- 1500 AV tokens = AV Rings / AV mounts
- (Add fair number) tokens = a specific recipe (for example the 30 spell power enchant is 200 recipe tokens in Azshara, which is long to obtain, so 2000 AV tokens would seem like a fair number of tokens for that recipe and of course the number of tokens required would be adjusted according to the recipe you're trying to obtain)
- (Add fair number) tokens = a specific consumable (adjusted according to the consumable)
- 250 AV tokens = Ony Buff

Bounty Reward :
Bounty starts after 5 killstreak.. 
5 Kills = 100g or 25 PvP tokens or 50 AV tokens 
+ 20g or 5 PvP tokens or 10 AV tokens for everytime the killstreak is prolonged
I'm not sure if this should be rewarded to the killer only (killing blow) or split amongst the group members if they are grouped, to be debated as well.

5 - Misc

I was thinking that adding an announcement when people are trying to capture an objective as well as an announcement for time remaining for objectives respawn would be nice.

6 - TL: DR
You might think that this wall of text is too hard for you to read and understand but for people who have been asking for WPVP for a long time (as well as those who would just like that without saying so) I believe it's worth reading and you should take some time to do so.
All positive criticism is welcome !! Keep the conversation going.. I came up with this idea but i'm only one person and I know that when people work together for a greater cause we could make something unique and amazing that no other server could offer and this could attract a lot of PvP oriented players !!

Bottom Line : MAKE WPVP GREAT AGAIN !

Thank you for reading.

Updated post a little, added some rewards idea for the bounty as well as a price for AV mounts.
Since no one is replying I like to think this is the kind of "no news, good news" situation for not turning into a trollfest that takes the discussion away from the main idea.
I like some of the concepts introduced, such as a new currency for the AV marks but this premise is kinda flawed in the sense that if its an FFA zone then how would anyone get any objective completed without a premade group unless they were all soloable...? I definitely want to see AV as a world PVP zone and I like some of the ideas you've suggested as a starting point but I don't think you're going to see anything implemented that doesn't include two teams. Also, whatever gets implemented is going to need to be a good fit for ~10-20 total participants. Not 80.
Good work though!
This is actaully worth my time reading, and not end up with "no1 cares"
Good idea, GL with this, hope people have defense cap to avoid the Wall of Text crit
[Image: SZSbk12.jpg]
Update : I tryed to make this easier to understand and clear for everyone.. Took me some time to do but I think this will benefit the suggestion.
Please note that def cap will help you make it through the wall of text without being crit although it is not required.
Thank you.
First of, i fully support the core of your idea to make Quests + 5 men's group in the same area, but if we want to add quests it means we must add mobs, so lets not make the same mistakes as in Azhara and ...
1 / Make the mobs in the area far away from each other
To make pvp fights good, aggro 3 mobs during a fight like in azhara is one of the reason the area didnt work
2 / Waiting 2min between each death is just not possible.
In Azhara, once you are dead, you need to wait 30s, its okay. But if you die again, you need to wait 1min, then 2. Then, it's not okai and you leave the area. That's really at least 40% of the reason why people dont stay there and pvp. I would even say 60%.  So here is what we need to do in the new area :
So the solution is : Once you are dead, you are summum to a graveyard, and since some people might be at this graveyard  too waiting for a rez, they will probably rez in the same time as you. So near this spirit rez, you had 3 or 4 ghost spread near this graveyard. So that people choose where to rez to be alone, and when.

Those are the 2 reasons why azhara crater didnt work, so if we fix them with one of the solution i just said or another one, your idea of a world pvp area with quest Leministre will be great.

Now regarding the area, i think they said no for a custum AV, but nevermind the area imo, the map doesnt make a huge difference. The only thing good about av is that the quest there can be pretty entertaining.
But we would also lose a bg.
And i also think we should delete all the quests allready there in retro wow so that people only have the quests in that area, it will make that area even more populated.
"Now regarding the area, i think they said no for a custum AV, but nevermind the area imo, the map doesnt make a huge difference. The only thing good about av is that the quest there can be pretty entertaining.
But we would also lose a bg."
Well the idea still stands assuming they said no to a custom AV area, it just needs to be done in a different zone so no big deal.
I don't mean to take away the BG though, what I was hoping for is a zone to do WPvP where you can do pretty much everything there is to do in the world of warcraft and I was thinking that they could take AV to do it but without removing the BG, it would just happen in the AV map, I like the way the zone has been made and there's a lot of potential imo.
"1 / Make the mobs in the area far away from each other"

AV's mobs arent too close to each other, but if this WPVP idea is to be done I agree that putting mobs too close to each other isn't a good idea because as you mentioned, you can't fight 3 mobs (because you aggroed them for being so close) and expect to survive a pvp encounter.
"2 / Waiting 2min between each death is just not possible. "
AV's gy with a random respawn at one of the 3 closest gy would fix that waiting time in between res, but once again if it is to be done in a different zone then as you said, you should be able to res away from other people in order to avoid having to engage in an endless pvp fight because you can't get away from the damn people resing all around you.

Maybe Azshara could be this zone if they change it, but it would need to go through major changes.. I would keep the same kind of quests they offer in it though (Naxx enchants, Head/pants enchants, etc..) I could see this work in that zone and it would be a place where people go. 
If it is to be made in another zone then AV we would have to change the name of tokens since AV tokens doesn't make any sense in Azshara and the good thing is they already made azshara tokens!
I would make a currency that's droped by every mobs (screw the different mobs droping different tokens, it only takes a ton of space in your bags) and you could turn in this currency in exchange for a specific reward! (Just need to change the tokens turn in quests for a "kill that many mobs of this type" quest which is exactly the same except you only need to kill mobs instead of farming the tokens droped from them so you save bag space!)  WPVP Tokens could drop randomly (like 20% drop rate) off these mobs since you won't need to farm their specific tokens anymore! 
Thanks for bringing up your ideas!
A special currency to buy stuff we cant buy anywhere else is also a great idea.
World pvp token for Free action potion for instance or flasks is awesome. It will definitly attract so much people.
I didnt see that you wrote that, thats great !
()walenkryx Wrote: A special currency to buy stuff we cant buy anywhere else is also a great idea.
World pvp token for Free action potion for instance or flasks is awesome. It will definitly attract so much people.

I updated the post a little
It's a long post with many ideas and since I made it alone I couldn't think of everything and that's why I need people's ideas and support to make this happen!
I will keep the post updated and add all the good ideas that are shared here so everything that's good is included in the main post for people that read it for the first time.
()LeMinistre Wrote:
()walenkryx Wrote: A special currency to buy stuff we cant buy anywhere else is also a great idea.

I updated the post a little
It's a long post with many ideas and since I made it alone I couldn't think of everything and that's why I need people's ideas and support to make this happen!
I will keep the post updated and add all the good ideas that are shared here so everything that's good is included in the main post for people that read it for the first time.

here my 5 idea's 4 u k, so plz listen k
idea 1!) maek av 10 marks huge gold reward!11!1 (u c big gold, more ppl que and get attracted, no?//////??////)
idea 2!) que av
idea 3!) que av
idea 4!) que av
idea 5!) que av
[Image: SZSbk12.jpg]