Tanking AV
Hi
Has anyone seen AV regularly ranked by anything other than a warrior? 
I haven’t seen it tanked successfully by anything else yet? I want to get into tanking it and wondered if warrior was the only option.
I appreciate it comes down to quality of heals and dps but was after some general idea.
Thanks.
I've done it on all 3 tank classes: Druid, Paladin, Warrior.
With that being said mine are all best in slot and paladins have little in their arsenal with regards to mitigation. Threat is easy, just wear more spell damage gear or use spell damage consumes.
If you want the best class to just run AVs fast all day. Pick a druid because a feral druid can put on heal gear and still heal a tank if there is one. You will 100% want everything you can get for mitigation if you're tanking as a druid in the beginning. Once you get the near bis gear and have at least 12k armor then you can swap the weapon for one that gives you more AP. (plus druids can stealth past choke point whores)
hey kfcrampage!
i am interested in an druid av tank.
it would be great to have a bis gear list. can u maybe write some items i must get?
cheers!

This gives you a rough idea
https://www.warcrafttavern.com/guides/ta...xxramasbis
and a perfect recomm' for itemization
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1...oU/pubhtml#
[Image: ximg.php?fid=98034626]
Thx tivis for the reply.
You posted pve gear lists. Is it the same for AV?
Another question: do you guys think a shaman could tank pvp (av bosses) ?
()flowison Wrote: Thx tivis for the reply.
You posted pve gear lists. Is it the same for AV?
Another question: do you guys think a shaman could tank pvp (av bosses) ?

I am a Shaman Tank myself and I can tell you, yes most definitely!
What you mean by most? Smile
How many are there? I just know drekthar and the stormpike dude
I tried a maximum HP Druid with gear and talents only and some random group buffs and its still bad. Its ok but not as good as a t3 tank. Dies in AV. Probably good for high level raids.