How retro wow players differ from other priv server players
So it came across my mind as I was talking to madacinetist yesterday... the idea that (I'm talking pvp only here (duels/big)) if u think the average skills of retro wow players is higher than real server. Obviously the ability to spam duels and spam wsg all day very fast means tons of practice. Yet there is a lack of proper prem v prem on retro so in the that way retro wowers would be out of their depth on proper premade fights. Do u think the top dueler and duelers and bg players here would own on other servs or nah? Your thoughts
[Image: 7e7158c559648af92b00b4de425a4b2f.jpg]
I would still say there is a huge lack for organization and objective play in wsg for retro wow players. Even people with 10-man full premade on Retro-Wow are struggeling against a pug-group with 4-5 "good player" in it. The reason they struggle is not because they are shit-players (with good gear)... its more because they dont know how to play objective or what it means to play FOR the team (and not doing his own thing).
Example:
Team A got flag while Team B got flag. Team A has killed now EFC, but is not falling back (instead they try to chase/kill people of Team B in EFR). Team B instant repick flag and get into a stable position again. The situation evens out again.
There are zillions of similiar situations. You cannot practice such things by duel other people whole day.
Every player for itself is pretty good here, but playing as a Team is a big issue!
I agree, I think the best duelers here are probably good on any server. But I doubt it for BG.  I mostly did PVE in vanilla but I remember pre-mades for PVP being much more organized.  Proper classes, everyone on vent, different strategies, etc.
()colez Wrote: So it came across my mind as I was talking to madacinetist yesterday... the idea that (I'm talking pvp only here (duels/big)) if u think the average skills of retro wow players is higher than real server. Obviously the ability to spam duels and spam wsg all day very fast means tons of practice. Yet there is a lack of proper prem v prem on retro so in the that way retro wowers would be out of their depth on proper premade fights. Do u think the top dueler and duelers and bg players here would own on other servs or nah? Your thoughts

Duelist here have been practicing or have had the chance to practice for 10+ years. They should be good at it by now. Any private server you play on is going to have try hard duelers with full engi, special trinkets/items, pets, or the perfect spec to win in a duel. Thats just what they live for, the 1v1. Premades here dont use vent or any form of voice except a couple buddies in voice chat. There is no reason to do full 10 man voice chat. Its not worth the time and effort because people afk or quit.
So retro vs another server with no voice. I think it will be even. Best 10 retro with voice VS best 10 other server, that would be a game to watch. But we will never know cause we cant do that and no one here uses voice besides buddies in a small group. 
Best 10 retro with voice vs a 2400 rbg team with or without voice. 2400 team wins because they are used to playing together with or without voice. They dont need to call CCs, dispells, peels, or heals. It just happens because they are duelist in a 10v10. They just know what to do.
()nugz727 Wrote: There is no reason to do full 10 man voice chat. Its not worth the time and effort because people afk or quit.
So retro vs another server with no voice. I think it will be even. Best 10 retro with voice VS best 10 other server, that would be a game to watch. But we will never know cause we cant do that and no one here uses voice besides buddies in a small group. 
Best 10 retro with voice vs a 2400 rbg team with or without voice. 2400 team wins because they are used to playing together with or without voice. They dont need to call CCs, dispells, peels, or heals. It just happens because they are duelist in a 10v10. They just know what to do.

allow me to take you back to a different time. some might say better. back when there were four or even sometimes five warsongs up and running, AB running pretty consistently along side with one game every 20 mins or so. back when premades were recruited via /y in mall or world chat for 12 hours a day, back when two or three pvp guilds maintained a rotation of full premades in wsg and ab. back when the population exceeded 400 players online easily during prime time and almost never less than 200. this was during a time where most big playeurs remember. the time of the mourning. the time of the unraveling.
in the end, two guilds were left standing and even now remain to this day; though shadows they may be of what was once a great and looming rivalry; a bloody one -- but one fought with honor.
back in those days we did have 10, 15, even 20 or more players in our discord. players even on the bench for quick rotations to afk breaks. 12 hours a day. every day. for months. those who know will nod in silence. we saw the greatest battles to ever take place. three hour long warsongs. we were here. some of us still are.

i think the capacity is still there for greatness. the pvpers here know that if the challenge came that they and their comrades would rise to the occasion once again. we're keeping our blades sharp by honing them in private matches anywhere we can. i think retrowow players aren't any different from anywhere else but i think they eventually become honed in a way unlike anywhere else can provide.
anyway just my two cents
()Lavz Wrote:
()nugz727 Wrote: There is no reason to do full 10 man voice chat. Its not worth the time and effort because people afk or quit.

allow me to take you back to a different time. some might say better. back when there were four or even sometimes five warsongs up and running, AB running pretty consistently along side with one game every 20 mins or so. back when premades were recruited via /y in mall or world chat for 12 hours a day, back when two or three pvp guilds maintained a rotation of full premades in wsg and ab. back when the population exceeded 400 players online easily during prime time and almost never less than 200. this was during a time where most big playeurs remember. the time of the mourning. the time of the unraveling.
in the end, two guilds were left standing and even now remain to this day; though shadows they may be of what was once a great and looming rivalry; a bloody one -- but one fought with honor.
back in those days we did have 10, 15, even 20 or more players in our discord. players even on the bench for quick rotations to afk breaks. 12 hours a day. every day. for months. those who know will nod in silence. we saw the greatest battles to ever take place. three hour long warsongs. we were here. some of us still are.

i think the capacity is still there for greatness. the pvpers here know that if the challenge came that they and their comrades would rise to the occasion once again. we're keeping our blades sharp by honing them in private matches anywhere we can. i think retrowow players aren't any different from anywhere else but i think they eventually become honed in a way unlike anywhere else can provide.
anyway just my two cents
I liked it. I just think at this point, our blades are dull. No one cares to make premades anymore because they dont matter. Maybe after the upgrade stuff will change and I will update my post. BUT in the current state, we dont stand a chance due to our lack of practice.
If you talking about the players that spend all their time into pvp in RW then ye they would beat the best players out their on blizz like server, and remember on blizz like server most of the people never pvp they just pve and then sell their accounts, so you would 80% of the pop on blizz like server with 0 pvp skills due.
i know a guy on nostarlius got r14 just to PvE with it he sucks so bad at pvp and only reasson he got r14 because he was gettin carried with his pve gear and vs shit teams... this is one of the reasons i don't like blizz like server, like look at RW it has a cash shop and it's instant 60 but i bearly see any t3 player that sucks like out of 20 BG i find one t3 player that is retard, mean while on blizz like servers i see like 1000 of players in world pvp that are bis geared and getting killed to a alright geared pvp player.
but yeh PvPers here are much much more skilled than blizz like servers and if u want a prof! watch some world pvp where u see a guy 3 vs 1 and kills them while they backpeddle like tards ^^

()samrogue Wrote: If you talking about the players that spend all their time into pvp in RW then ye they would beat the best players out their on blizz like server, and remember on blizz like server most of the people never pvp they just pve and then sell their accounts, so you would 80% of the pop on blizz like server with 0 pvp skills due.
i know a guy on nostarlius got r14 just to PvE with it he sucks so bad at pvp and only reasson he got r14 because he was gettin carried with his pve gear and vs shit teams... this is one of the reasons i don't like blizz like server, like look at RW it has a cash shop and it's instant 60 but i bearly see any t3 player that sucks like out of 20 BG i find one t3 player that is retard, mean while on blizz like servers i see like 1000 of players in world pvp that are bis geared and getting killed to a alright geared pvp player.
but yeh PvPers here are much much more skilled than blizz like servers and if u want a prof! watch some world pvp where u see a guy 3 vs 1 and kills them while they backpeddle like tards ^^
The question is, can our server compete vs another. If its equal in all ways then yes i think we can. But if the other server actually premades and communicates daily than no. Our server doesn't do that because the que times are to high and pointless. You can pug your way through WSG faster with the same rewards. Our issue is population to create reasons to premades. We dont have the population so we dont need to 10 man premade. Can we premade, sure, but to what end? To crush pugs and waste time in 10+ min ques for some gold? There is no competition or population here to make it happen. 
nd other private servers either have a population or dont.
()Lavz Wrote:

anyway just my two cents

Smile